From Pete Wyckoff <pwyck...@facebook.com>
Subject Re: hadoop file system browser
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:48:57 GMT

Right now its tested with 0.14.4. It also includes rmdir, rm, mkdir, mv.
I¹ve implemented write, but it has to wait for appends to work in Hadoop
because of the Fuse protocol.

Our strategy thus far has been to use FUSE on a single box and then NFS
export it to other machines. We don¹t do heavy, heavy operations on it, so
it isn¹t a performance problem.  The things I think are most useful anyway
are ls, find, du, mkdir, rmdir, rm and mv ­ none of which tax FUSe much.

-- pete