From "Natarajan, Senthil" <sent...@pitt.edu>
Subject RE: Datanode Problem
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 22:06:44 GMT
I Just uncommented and changed the JAVA_HOME, that's all I did in hadoop-env.sh.
Do I need to configure anything else.

Here is the hadoop-env.sh

# Set Hadoop-specific environment variables here.

# The only required environment variable is JAVA_HOME.  All others are
# optional.  When running a distributed configuration it is best to
# set JAVA_HOME in this file, so that it is correctly defined on
# remote nodes.

# The java implementation to use.  Required.
 export JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/GridComputing/software/jdk1.5.0_04

# Extra Java CLASSPATH elements.  Optional.
# export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=

# The maximum amount of heap to use, in MB. Default is 1000.
# export HADOOP_HEAPSIZE=2000

# Extra Java runtime options.  Empty by default.
# export HADOOP_OPTS=-server

# Extra ssh options.  Empty by default.
# export HADOOP_SSH_OPTS="-o ConnectTimeout=1 -o SendEnv=HADOOP_CONF_DIR"

# Where log files are stored.  $HADOOP_HOME/logs by default.
# export HADOOP_LOG_DIR=${HADOOP_HOME}/logs

# File naming remote slave hosts.  $HADOOP_HOME/conf/slaves by default.
# export HADOOP_SLAVES=${HADOOP_HOME}/conf/slaves

# host:path where hadoop code should be rsync'd from.  Unset by default.
# export HADOOP_MASTER=master:/home/$USER/src/hadoop

# Seconds to sleep between slave commands.  Unset by default.  This
# can be useful in large clusters, where, e.g., slave rsyncs can
# otherwise arrive faster than the master can service them.
# export HADOOP_SLAVE_SLEEP=0.1

# The directory where pid files are stored. /tmp by default.
# export HADOOP_PID_DIR=/var/hadoop/pids

# A string representing this instance of hadoop. $USER by default.
# export HADOOP_IDENT_STRING=$USER

# The scheduling priority for daemon processes.  See 'man nice'.
# export HADOOP_NICENESS=10