From Greg Connor <gcon...@shutterfly.com>
Subject Is there an rsyncd for HDFS
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 15:03:19 GMT
Hello,

Does anyone know of a modified "rsync" that gets/puts files to/from the dfs instead of the
normal, mounted filesystems?  I'm guessing since the dfs can't be mounted like a "normal"
filesystem that rsync would need to be modified in order to access it, as with any other program.
 We use rsync --daemon a lot for moving files around, making backups, etc. so I think it should
be a logical fit... at least I hope so.

I'm new to hadoop and just got my first standalone node configured.  Apologies if this has
been answered before, or if I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks
gregc