From "edward yoon" <edw...@mail.udanax.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop summit / workshop at Yahoo!
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:06:00 GMT
The current shared-memory based parallel matrix solutions(R-ScaLAPACK,
ScaLAPACK, LAPACK, MPI, ... , etc) provides a scalable and high
performance matrix operations, however, matrix resources can't be
scalable.

Using HDFS space, we are able to store large matrix.
Using iterative algorithms on a parallel processing platform like
MapReduce, we should be able to implement World's Largest Matrix
Operating System.

--
B. Regards,
Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.