From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: how to see the size of a talle in HBase
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:57:42 GMT
Use ${HADOOP_HOME}/bin/hadoop fs -dus <hbase.rootdir> to see size in
hdfs (or ${HADOOP_HOME}/bin/hadoop fs -lsr <hbase.rootdir> to see
listing and size of individual files).

If you want to know how many rows, etc., you can run 'select * from
YOUR_TABLENAME;' or even 'select count(*) from YOUR_TABLENAME;'.  If
your table is big, the latter will take a long time (HADOOP-2291 is
sampling to estimate the overall count, a process that should take less
time).

St.Ack