From Mike Forrest <mforr...@trailfire.com>
Subject TableMap fails - "Expecting at least one region"
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:54:09 GMT
Hello,
After updating to the latest trunk version, I find that jobs that use a
mapper extending from TableMap now fail with:

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Expecting at least one
region
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapred.TableInputFormat.getSplits(TableInputFormat.java:168)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:544)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:805)

I have verified that the input table does exist and I can get data from
it using the Hbase shell app.  It probably goes without saying, but the
same code ran before I updated and rebuilt Hadoop/Hbase (it had been a
week or two since the last time).  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike