From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: hadoop file system browser
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:32:13 GMT

> The Eclipse plug-in also features a DFS browser.

Yep. That's all true, I don't mean to self-promote, because there really isn't
that much to advertise ;) I was just quite attached to file manager-like user
interface; the mucommander clone I posted served me as a browser, but also for
rudimentary file operations (copying to/from, deleting folders etc.). In my
experience it's been quite handy.

It would be probably a good idea to implement a commons-vfs plugin for Hadoop so
that HDFS filesystem is transparent to use for other apps.

Dawid