From Lars George <l...@worldlingo.com>
Subject Jar file location
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 16:24:36 GMT

Maybe someone here can help me with a rather noob question. Where do I
have to put my custom jar to run it as a map/reduce job? Anywhere and
then specifying the HADOOP_CLASSPATH variable in hadoop-env.sh?

Also, since I am using the Hadoop API already from our server code, it
seems natural to launch jobs from within our code. Are there any issue
with that? I assume I have to copy the jar files first and make them
available as per my question above, but then I am ready to start it from
my own code?

I have read most Wiki entries and while the actual workings are
described quite nicely, I could not find an answer to the questions
above. The demos are already in place and can be started as is without
the need of making them available.

Again, I apologize for being a noobie.