From "Rahul Jain" <dakg...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: What is the best way to expose a link to job.jar's via the web interface
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:49:19 GMT
JobTracker web interface at http://localhost:50030/ provides a nice
view, in a web browser, of the jobs running in the cluster.
For a given job, one can also find the path to the jar file that
represents the binary for that job. This info is part of the
'JobFile'.
   http://localhost:50030/jobconf.jsp?jobid=job_200801291432_0014
The property of interest is mapred.jar, whose value is the absolute
path to the binary jar file.
       "/tmp/hadoop-153/hadoop-root/mapred/local/jobTracker/job_200801291432_0014.jar"

I would like to convert this absolute path of a job's binary jar file,
to a HTML link, so that the user can click that link and potentially
download it. The question is what is the best way to do this.
Requesting help from the dev. team please on the best way to do this.

For now we can ignore the security and the short time-to-live for the
link to be valid (as the target jar file is deleted once the job
completes). I still need to find a way to expose this file.

One thought that occurred to me was to potentially write a custom
jobconf.xsl and convert the entries in the 'value' column ending in
".jar" (there is only one) to a link.

Thanks for your time.
rahul

PS: For some reason this post yesterday to
"core-dev@hadoop.apache.org" did not show up in the core-dev mailing
list. Hope this ones makes it.