From Peeyush Bishnoi <peeyu...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Hbase Timestamp Error
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:57:26 GMT
Hi ,

While inserting the data into Hbase , timestamp is giving problem.

Hbase> select * from test;
+-------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+

+-------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+

+-------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+

+-------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+
| r1                      | c:                      | 30

+-------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+

3 row(s) in set (0.19 sec)

Hbase> insert into test(a,b,c) values ('1','2','3') where row='r1'
TIMESTAMP '200';
Syntax error : Type 'help;' for usage.
Message : Encountered "TIMESTAMP" at line 1, column 62.
Hbase>

But data gets inserted

Hbase> insert into test(a,b,c) values ('1','2','3') where
row='r1' ;
1 row inserted successfully. (0.01 sec)
Hbase>

Hbase> select * from
test;
+-------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+

+-------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+

+-------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+

+-------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+
| r1                      | c:                      | 3

+-------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+

3 row(s) in set (0.09 sec)
Hbase>

But my old data in column get overridden with previous one. Can any one
look into this and give their valuable suggestion why it is so.

Why timestamp is not showing atall  but it is claimed to be working in
the following URL: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/HbaseShell/

So please help me out with valuable solutions and example.

Thanks

---
Peeyush