From Marc Harris <mhar...@jumptap.com>
Subject Backing up hbase (or maybe "making a check-point")
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:31:13 GMT
What is needed to back up an hbase "instance"?

I am working on a project and I want to add things to my code
incrementally. When something works, I want to be able to take the
entire hbase database, copy it somewhere else, and continue my work. If
I messed up, I want to be able to go back to that "checkpoint". I am
using HDFS with everything one one server. Is it just a matter of
shutting down the hbase and hadoop servers, and then copying the "dfs"
and "mapred" folders somewhere else? And then moving them back into
place if I need to revert to that state. Or are there other files that
need to be copied too?

Thanks
- Marc