From "Billy" <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com>
Subject question about region placement in hbase
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 21:41:37 GMT
I have a small setup I am running this on its 3 servers a master and
namenode and the other 2 are datanodes and region servers.

when I restart the services always the regions from one of my tables get put
all on one server so I have

server 1: Root
server 2: META, tablepart1,tablepart2,tablepart3,tablepart4

Vary rare does the table parts get split on to more then one server.

Is there some rule that is happening to place these on different server?

I thank when starting up master and all region server the tables parts
should be placed in round ribbon fashion then as load is applied table parts
moved / placed based on load on region servers.