From "Juan Manuel Caicedo" <j...@cavorite.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop ganglia metrics
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:04:20 GMT
Hi

I was thinking in something related last week. I wanted to include
some statistics about DFS, like free space, or the cluster itself
(running jobs). Although the monitoring applications provide that
information, it would be interesting to have it in Ganglia too.

I haven't try it yet, but you could use embeddedgmetric
(http://code.google.com/p/embeddedgmetric/) for injecting metrics to
Ganglia.

Regards,

Juan Manuel Caicedo