From "Tom White" <tom.e.wh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: public Amazon EC2 hadoop images for larger instances (m1.large and m1.xlarge)
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:12:28 GMT
Hi Thibaut,

Do you know why the existing hadoop images don't work with larger
instance types? What's the error message you're getting?

It should be relatively easy to change the launch-hadoop-cluster
script to specify the instance type. Also, there's some work to be
done to configure Hadoop on larger images to take advantage of the
extra CPUs and memory.

BTW I just published a 0.15.1 AMI.

Tom