From "Joydeep Sen Sarma" <jssa...@facebook.com>
Subject RE: Re: point in time snapshot
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:01:43 GMT
This one of the hottest issues for us as well.

Only thing we have been able to think of is running on Solaris+ZFS and
doing coordinated snapshots of the underlying filesystems. Not sure if
even that would work (since the membership of the cluster can change
from the time the snapshot was taken to when it is being restored to the

Would be interested in knowing what other users/hdaoop-dev are
doing/thinking in this area.

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Billy
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 1:30 AM
To: hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: point in time snapshot

I would assume that if I get a snap shot of dfs I would get hbase with
I was going to use it for back of hbase but would like to be able to get
snapshoot of the whole dfs for back up reasons..

"Jim Kellerman" <jim@powerset.com> wrote in

Are you referring to snapshots of the entire DFS or of HBase?

View raw message