From "Owen O'Malley" <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: starting several jobs on the same host
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 17:38:57 GMT

On Dec 3, 2007, at 8:59 AM, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> We would like to start several map/reduce jobs on the same host
> from several
> threads using different input and output dirs. However we are not
> able to do
> this for some reason, and we are getting the exception:
>
> 07/12/03 18:53:57 ERROR impl.OurTask: java.io.IOException: Target /
> tmp/hadoop-bofh/mapred/local/localRunner/job_local_1.xml already
> exists

The problem is that you are using the local runner. For multiple
threaded access, the distributed mode is a better direction. (ie.
Bring up a job tracker, some set of task trackers, and submit your
job to the job tracker.) If you want to use local runner, you need to
set mapred.local.dir differently on each process.)  A fix for
HADOOP-1733 would also fix this problem.

-- Owen