From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: Talking to HBase via tcp/socket
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 19:52:13 GMT
There's nothing stopping us from creating REST "methods" for creating/
deleting tables. That's mostly a question of whether or not we want
to expose the functionality elsewhere than the shell. You could
create a ticket for that and we can discuss it.

I agree that XML can be heavy, which is why we are implementing the
ability to use the "Accept: multipart/related" header to get back the
data as pure binary with boundaries. This should alleviate the
overhead of using XML for the most part.

Hey, I hardly know Java, and I'm hacking all sorts of stuff!
Seriously though, I think that as far as performant cross-platform
access goes, the future is a Thrift servlet. I don't have a timeline
on that at all yet.

-Bryan