From "Erich Nachbar" <er...@carrieriq.com>
Subject Thank you for coming! Bay Area Hadoop Get-Together this Friday (11/30)
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 22:30:45 GMT

Guys,

It was great to see so many like-minded people last Friday!
Thanks to everyone for great discussions, Ted for sponsoring beer/appetizers & Jeff for
inviting us over to the Facebook Happy Hour incl. demo.

I'll try and setup another meeting within the next two months.
Considering that the demo was so well received maybe we can do laptop-based demos next time.
I'll try and see if I can find a meeting room with a projector & an internet connection.

Thanks for coming!
-Erich

-----Original Message-----
From: Erich Nachbar [mailto:erich@carrieriq.com]
Sent: Wed 11/28/2007 3:29 PM
To: User Mailing List Hadoop
Subject: Reminder: Bay Area Hadoop Get-Together this Friday (11/30)

Hi,

It is getting closer to Friday and I wanted to remind everyone that we
will be meeting at Gordon Biersch in Palo Alto at 5pm this Fri (11/30):
http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/324051/

No formal agenda, but we might have the opportunity to checkout later
that night what Facebook is doing with Hadoop.
Ted Dunning will be picking up the tab for the first rounds of beer,
so make sure to stop any kind of fluid intake well in advance!

See you there!
-Erich