From "Bob Futrelle" <bob.futre...@gmail.com>
Subject Comparing Hadoop to Apple Xgrid?
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 03:12:33 GMT
We have a small Apple cluster running Hadoop. But another option we
have, built into the Apple Server OS, is to use their Xgrid, which
they promote for "supercomputer" scientific applications.

Any thoughts on the relative merits?  I know that it depends on the
application.  For us, we want to do pattern recognition, turning
raster images into collections of the objects we discover in the
images. Another focus for us is NLP, esp. phrasal analysis.

 - Bob Futrelle