From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: finalize upgrade
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 19:50:22 GMT

On 14.12.2007, at 19:41, Konstantin Shvachko wrote:

> Sorry, it looks like the UI and report feature will appear only in
> 0.16.
> It is related to HADOOP-1604.
> In general you are not supposed to remove any directories manually.

That's why I am so careful :)

> You should just use finalizeUpgrade.

Well, from the output it looks like that has been run. At least I
cannot see any sign telling me I still need to run it ...still was
the previous directory on the name node.

> The way it works in pre 0.16 is that you start the cluster, and issue:
> hadoop dfsadmin -finalizeUpgrade

I've just run that again. Now the 'previous' dir on the namenode is
gone. But on the data nodes the 'previous' is still there.

> Now, if you still want to do it manually, then yes just remove
> "previous"
> dir on the name-node and then start the cluster.
> Data-nodes will finalize automatically.

Hmmm ...I cannot see that happening. Now what?

cheers
--
Torsten