From Adrian Woodhead <adr...@last.fm>
Subject Re: jar command
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 12:02:33 GMT
The purpose is to tell hadoop which jar file to look inside of to find
the launcher class for starting the named map/reduce program (in this
example "wordcount"). So it is not like the standard jar command for
creating and extracting files, but is rather an argument passed to the
hadoop command.

Wang Yu wrote:
> Hi,all
> In the wiki of hadoop, I see the following command:
> bin/hadoop jar hadoop-0.14.2-examples.jar wordcount gutenberg gutenberg-output
> what is the meaning of the command jar?  And jar has no option like c or x, why?
> Thanks!

View raw message