From "Thiago Jackiw" <tjac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Talking to HBase via tcp/socket
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 19:44:35 GMT
The are a few reasons why I wanted to go with Socket instead of REST,
to name a couple:

- By applying Edward's patch I was able to gain access to the 'entire'
HBase interface, from creating to deleting tables, etc, which I
couldn't do with REST. Is this flexibility something sought for future
development?
-  Performance gain. Working with xml can sometimes be problematic and 'heavy'.

> I would suggest exploring building a Thrift servlet that mimics the structure of the
REST servlet
That could work if I knew Java :P

Anyhow, despite HBase being pretty new, it sure kicks ass. Kudos to you guys.

--
Thiago