From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <b...@redwerk.com>
Subject HDFS question
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:10:33 GMT
Hello there!

We need to get access to content which is produced by our map/reduce jobs. The
map job produces set of static resources, which might be requested later by
the legacy code.

We successfully configured distributed data nodes and everything works fine -
we are seeing there are content generated on the host which is actually
running the map job, and we can access the resources from remote server
running the WEB module of the application, however some resources are not
accessible - the following exception is being thrown:

DEBUG http-8080-Processor6 org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration - java.io.IOException: config()
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:154)
        at com.ourmodule.hadoop.fs.HadoopContentAdapterImpl.<init>(HadoopContentAdapterImpl.java:32)

and the code is

 public HadoopContentAdapterImpl(UrlTransformerInterface transformer,
            Path contentDirectoryRoot, String root, Date date)
            throws IOException {
        this.transformer = transformer;
        this.fs = FileSystem.get(new Configuration());          // LINE 32
        rootPath = new Path(contentDirectoryRoot, new StringBuilder(
                DEFAULT_PREFIX).append(Path.SEPARATOR_CHAR).append(root)
                .append(Path.SEPARATOR_CHAR).append(dateFormat.format(date))
                .toString());
        fs.mkdirs(rootPath);
    }

I assume we're missing something and probably we need to get the configuration
somehow?

Thank you in advance!

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky