From "Billy" <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com>
Subject Reduce Jobs tieing up jobs
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 22:50:51 GMT
Reduce Jobs must wait for all maps to be done before doing any work. Why are
they started before the maps are done?

example of problem

If I am running a job and its taking up all the reduce task for all nodes
and I launch a second job and see the job priority higher then the current
running it will start running the map jobs but I have to wait until the
first job completes to release the reduce jobs. So basically the priority
option does not gain anything from it. unless the number of reduce jobs per
job is less then nodes.

Any way we can set an option or default on reduce tasks to wait until 90% or
more jobs are done/running before launching?

Billy