From "Billy" <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com>
Subject hbase feature question
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2007 16:18:08 GMT
I was looking over the bigtable pdf again to make sure that's where I read
this, but there setup allows Column Families to be removed from the database
in  garbage collection. Is this a feature that will be added to hbase?

Basically it allows you to set a max ttl for a column row. I can see where
this would be useful for nutch and other apps in crawling.
Example storing links from z page pointing to x page if not updated by y
time it gets removed form the dataset. keeps from having the scan the whole
dataset to remove stale data.

Billy