From Vuk Ercegovac <verc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: map/reduce with hbase
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:58:02 GMT
In addition to setting the inputformat and outputformat classes, there
seems to be an option to specify additional name,value pairs
in the jobconf ("-jobconf"). The input and output format classes need
additional arguments that are not set using the other streaming arguments.
One example is the list of columns to scan. Please have a look at the
"initJob" method in o.a.h.hbase.mapred.TableMap and
o.a.h.hbase.mapred.TableReduce as well as the junit test,
o.a.h.hbase.mapred.TestTableMapReduce for how these are used.
I have not used the streaming package so have not tried this myself.

             "Billy"
             <sales@pearsonwho
             lesale.com>                                                To
             Sent by: news             hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org
             <news@ger.gmane.o                                          cc
             rg>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: map/reduce with hbase
             11/10/2007 09:56
             PM

             Please respond to
             hadoop-user@lucen
               e.apache.org

Basically what I am trying to do is access hbase from php sense I do not
know java and have not found it fun to learn

I was looking around and found this

but am unsure if it is what I thank it is looks like a way to access hbase
from a socket server I have coded socket server/client in the past in php
so
the question is how would I use this to get access from say php.

would I add this and rebuild the hbase file somehow?

Remember I am new to java so have vary little knowing on how to do stuff.

Billy

"Billy" <sales@pearsonwholesale.com> wrote in
message news:fh55ok$r4i$1@ger.gmane.org...