From edward yoon <webmas...@udanax.org>
Subject RE: map/reduce with hbase
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 05:13:27 GMT

http://shell.hadoop.co.kr/PHPClient.php

You can see the example by clicking the link above about the latest patch (v02).
And, It is just first step work for proof of RDBMS ability

But, I'm not sure if it will be commited to svn source tree.
(I'm not a source committer.)

So, Click the "Vote it" button please. :)

Thanks,
Edward J. Yoon
------------------------------

B. Regards,

Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.
Home : http://www.udanax.org

> To: hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org
> From: sales@pearsonwholesale.com
> Subject: Re: map/reduce with hbase
> Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 22:58:15 -0600
>
> I was looking for a way to replace mysql with hbase so I could serve data on
> websites. HADOOP-2171 solves that problem seams. I have not tested it much
> but latest patch (v02) seams to be working correctly. I thank I can get the
> hadoop-Streaming to work for what I need but it seams if I want to take full
> advantage of hadoop map/reduce I am going to have to learn java :)
>
> Thanks for the help and patches.
> Keep up the good work and we will have a production version released before
> you know it.
>
> Billy
>
> "stack" wrote in message
>>I tried using streaming to dump into a hbase table. As things are
>>currently written, it unfortunately won't work. Streaming would seem to
>>presume keys and values of type Text whereas the TableOutputFormat takes a
>>key of type Text but the value is expected to be MapWritable (where the
>>keys are column names). Even if you could do types other than Text in
>>Streaming, an MW type is awkward for php/python, etc., to conpose.
>>
>> Regards your question as to how php might access hbase, at the moment your
>> options are few:
>>
>> + There is the Edward Yoon patch that you've already tripped over,
>> hadoop-2171. It puts up an IPC server that fields HQL strings. The
>> server does the HQL parse and forwards the interpreted request to the
>> hbase cluster. Included is a first cut at php code that is capable of
>> making the basic method call against the remote java IPC server.
>> + If traffic is light and your requests are read-only, there is the HQL
>> page in the master's webui.
>>
>> If hbase had a REST interface, hadoop-2068, would that work for you?
>>
>> St.Ack
>>

>> Billy wrote:
>>> Can you show me an example on how that would be down with the command
>>> line?
>>>

>>> "Michael Stack" wrote in
>>> message news:4736244E.1050804@duboce.net...

Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble challenge with star
power.