From "Davis Ford" <davisf...@gmail.com>
Subject maven
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2007 19:32:24 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to get hadoop into "some" idea so it can be built, and all
tests can be run, and it "just works".

Unfortunately, this has not been a 5 min. task (like it probably should be).

I see others with similar issues:
http://www.mail-archive.com/hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org/msg02616.html

And I see lots of hacks, workarounds (i.e. I'll email you a project
file that almost works)

One of the issues seems to be jar dependencies.  Has anyone considered
maven-izing the project?  I think this would make life a lot easier
for the newbie, and open up lots of integration with other tools.

I'd be happy to give it a shot (I am pretty comfortable with maven) if
the community thinks it might be useful.  I don't want to spend time
on it, tho, if most people are anti-maven, and it wouldn't be adopted
anyway.

Regards,
Davis