From "Derek Gottfrid" <dgottf...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop 0.15.0 - Reporter issue w/ timing out
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 20:39:18 GMT
I have a very simple map task  that gets a filename - reads and
decompresss that file and stores the decompressed file away.
As it is reading and writing it does Report.incrCounter w/ the number
of bytes decompressed and written. It works and I can see the
incrementer chugging along but then even though the process is still
calling incrCounter - it stops and basically the task gets timed out
and killed. This use to work but doesn't in 0.15.0 - interestingly if
I add a report.setStatus() in there it stays alive and doesn't get
killed.

Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong?

thanks,
derek