From "Owen O'Malley" <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: c++ pipe application with parameters
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:40:45 GMT

On Nov 27, 2007, at 11:42 AM, jerrro wrote:

> I have a c++ pipe application that I would like to pass command-line
> parameters to. Is it possible to do that with
> hadoop pipes?

It is not currently possible although it wouldn't be that hard to
add. Currently pipes applications get all of their information via
the job conf, which is just a string->string map. What is the use
case that having command line arguments is more convenient than using
the job conf?

-- Owen

View raw message