From "Bin YANG" <yangbinism...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase question on HRegions server
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 01:58:56 GMT
Thank you very much Michael and Jim!

That means the master does not maintain the mapping from HRegion to
HRegionServer. And the mapping from HRegion to HRegionServer is in the
META and ROOT. Is it right?

So if a client want to read a tablet, it should first find the ROOT,
find corresponding META, and the client will know which tablet server
is serving the tablet. Is it right?

The master just maintains the active RegionServer list.

If the client want to create a new tablet, how would a client to find
a HRegionServer? Any active HRegionServer in master's list is a
candidate?

Does the HRgionServer write a new tablet row in the META directly or
ask the Master to write a new tablet row in the META?

thanks.

--
Bin YANG