From Holger Stenzhorn <holger.stenzh...@gmail.com>
Subject MapReduce configuration with job.xml
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:04:15 GMT
Hello,

Using the latest Hadoop from the Subversion trunk I have the following
quesion:
I start a MapReduce task by using the command "hadoop jar test.jar
foo.bar.Baz" command.

So far I have set some configuration properties in the "hadoop-site.xml"
file (e.g. "mapred.child.java.opts").
Some other properties (e.g. "mapred.input.dir") I have set
programmatically in my class (e.g. "jobConf.setInputPath(...)").

I would like now to create a "job.xml" file that integrates some
properties (e.g. "mapred.child.java.opts") and pack it into the
"test.jar" file.
What I do now is to put the "job.xml" on the top level of the jar file
and write in my class "jobConf.addResource("job.xml")" before running
the job.

This works but does not feel right... So is there a more sensible way to
do this?

Cheers,
Holger