From Holger Stenzhorn <holger.stenzh...@gmail.com>
Subject Splitting output of MapReduce according to file size
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2007 19:56:22 GMT

For testing purposes I am running Hapoop in local mode.
Is there a possibility to split the output (TextOutputFormat) of a
MapReduce job into several output files (e.g. "part-0000", "part-0001",
etc.) according to some maximal file size per file?
I.e. is there a setting such a file size that can be set in the
hadoop-site.xml for example?
Even through reading the documentation and mailing list I did not find a
simple solution...  I really appreaciate your help!

View raw message