From C G <parallel...@yahoo.com>
Subject Potential stupid question about configuration files...
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:21:37 GMT
Just to make sure my head is on straight:  Each node in the grid reads its own configuration
file (hadoop-site.xml, hadoop-default.xml) and configures itself appropriately, correct?

  I am asking because I have nodes with 2 different disk configurations.  For some I want
a single directory for dfs.data.dir, but for others I want a comma-separated list of directories.

  Also, is it true that ALL nodes should indicate the master node with mapred.job.tracker
?

  Thanks,
  C G