From b...@redwerk.com
Subject Re: using hadoop within the Tomcat
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2007 19:50:41 GMT
On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 11:37:49AM -0800, Ted Dunning wrote:

> Any java process that can access the machines in the cluster can start a
> job.
>
> That means that any thread in the tomcat in, say, a servlet could start a
> job.  This would be no different than any of the standard examples such as
> word count.

Sorry, I probably missing something - but the examples are started using
hadoop startup script? Or do you mean I can just provide the
configuration for the hadoop cluster(s) and start jobs in the same
manner using some of internal Hadoop classes which are doing the job
started from scripts?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky