From jerrro <jer...@gmail.com>
Subject performance tests
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:10:57 GMT

Hello,

I have an access to a hadoop cluster that I don't have control over its
configuration.
I would like to show a "proof of concept" about hadoop about running a
certain program that can be parallelized.
For that, I would like to compare the performance of running the program
while allowing access to N nodes, N varying from 1 to the number of nodes in
the cluster. Is there a way to impose the maximal number of nodes that will
be used in a pipes application run with hadoop, without having access to the
configuration files for hadoop itself?

Thanks.

Jerr.