From j2eeiscool <siddi...@yahoo.com>
Subject NameNode HA
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:47:00 GMT

Hi,

Based on the documentation I have read, there is one instance of a NameNode.

Are there recommended approaches on making the NameNode HA:

1.Have a backup which takes over. Data between primary and backup is shared
thru shared files , DB etc.

Also does having a single NameNode limit the no. of concurrent HDFS clients
? I understand that HDFS Readers and Writers use the DataNode(s) eventually,
but the initial access point is the NameNode.

I would really appreciate help on these (I am evaluating HDFS for use as a
Concurrent, Reliable, Performant Distributed File System).

Thanx,
Taj