From "Devaraj Das" <d...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop 0.15.0 - Reporter issue w/ timing out
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2007 06:09:28 GMT
Actually in the previous approach, progress reporting used to happen from a
separate thread in tasks. The issues
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1431,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1462 changed this behavior.

But, yes, I agree that incrCounter should be indicative of progress.