From "Edward Bruce Williams" <br...@electricranch.org>
Subject Test Data for Hadoop Student
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 07:47:40 GMT
Hello

I am a student doing an independent study project investigating the
possibility of teaching large scale computing on a small scale budget.  Th

My thought is to use available Open Source ( Hadoop) and Creative Commons
and other materials as the text.  A student could then do significant
computing on Amazon for the cost of what they would usually pay for a
textbook.  I have convinced an agency of the state of California that paying
for computer time for a CS student is "like buying a textbook or calculator
for a math student", so "so  far so good."

I am asking if anyone has some largish data sets, preferably on Amazon, we
could use for  class projects to contact me off list.

Thanks,

Bruce Williams