From "Sukalyan Banga" <jatrojoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Very new at hadoop - few questions
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:48:06 GMT
Hi!
I am PHP Developer & Linux Administrator.

I am very new at hadoop & I have some questions.

1. Is hadoop only configuration based Administration like Linux
Administration with scripting requirement
or fully programming required.

2. If programming required then which language required to know.

3. Can I use PHP with hadoop.

4. Is there any good howtos or Manual to work with hadoop.

5. What is the main difference with normal clustering techniques.

Thanks & Regards,
Sukalyan Banga