From "Juan Manuel Caicedo" <cavor...@gmail.com>
Subject Yahoo Pig - Some updates
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 04:19:05 GMT
Hi all

I'm getting started with Hadoop and with Yahoo Pig

I decided to took a look at the code and made some small changes; I
announce them here if anyone is interested:

  * The Grub console now has basic completion functionality using jline.
  * It's compiled for a recent Hadoop release. I tried to use 0.14.2
but I got errors executing the MapReduce jobs, so I had to switch to
  * I removed the support for executing Hadoop from Pig. I think it's
easier to configure a separate Hadoop instance and keep the
configuration files outside the main jar file.

The code is distributed under the BSD license (the same used by Pig)
and it's published the in my personal repository:

Juan Manuel Caicedo

View raw message