From "Jim the Standing Bear" <standingb...@gmail.com>
Subject can jobs be launched recursively within a mapper ?
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 20:28:17 GMT
Hi,

Can I recursively launch a job within the map() method of a mapper?
The task i am facing involves extracting metadata for filenames and
catalog names from hierarchical catalogs, and for each catalog name
extract, I must recursively do the same thing until no more catalog
names present.  Therefore, it will be convenient if I can launch a job
within the map(), but I want to make certain that it will work before
investing too much efforts into the coding.

If it won't work, could you suggest the proper way to go about doing
so?  Much appreciated in advance.

-- Jim