From "Jim the Standing Bear" <standingb...@gmail.com>
Subject new to hadoop and first question
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 18:34:36 GMT
Hi,

I am new to hadoop, and tried to setup a distributed hadoop system.
But when I tried to run the example job, it stack dumped with the
following exception:

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: Unknown
protocol to name node: org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobSubmissionProtocol

I setup hadoop 0.14.1 on two machines, where one acts as both the name
node and job tracker, while the other one is just a slave

When I set it up on a single machine and ran it standalone, it worked
fine.  Please let me know if more information is needed to help
troubleshoot.  Thanks!

-- Jim