From Lance Amundsen <lc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Simulated Nodes
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2007 06:20:45 GMT
How can I get more "real", but simulated Hadoop nodes for testing, without
more machines?  Can I add duplicate names in the slaves file?  Or do I need
separate IP's for everything?

This is just for testing purposes.  Ideally, I'd like to simulate a few
nodes on my Windows laptop, to make it easier to debug actual distributed
stuff.

Maybe if I am clever with Cygwin, I could get several sessions
communicating with each other using virtual IP's, albeit all through
localhost.  But would I have issues with a single hadoop directory
structure if I did this?