From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@veoh.com>
Subject Re: steps required??
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2007 16:38:13 GMT

That is a pretty small amount of memory.

It should work, but you will see odd performance problems with some programs
due to memory binding.

Hadoop is generally very good about using hardly any memory at all, but it
is common to write programs that collect a fair bit of data during the
reduce step.  That could easily be a downfall for you.