From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@veoh.com>
Subject Re: Namenode Safe Mode?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:51:48 GMT
I have found it very helpful to use

  hadoop fsck /

In these situations.

If the files that are problematic are not important for you, then you can
exit safe mode explicitly and just delete these files.  That will give you a
clean file system.

Examples of files that might be OK to delete include left-over files from
aborted map-reduce jobs or files that you can just re-import into the HDFS
from other storage.

On 10/16/07 11:17 PM, "cpreethi" <cpreethi86@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi
> It has been in safe mode all time. I am not bale to execute jobs too. I find
> some error sayin canot delete file. Namenode is in safemode.
> Thanks,
> Preethi.C
> Ned Rockson wrote:
>> I think it's in safe mode for a short time after startup to check the
>> integrity of the file system.
>> On 10/16/07, Preethi Chockalingam <cpreethi86@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> I have been facing some problems in Hadoop. I find the Namennode to be in
>>> safe mode?? May I knw why namenode is in safe mode and what happens when
>>> it is in safe mode?
>>> Thanks in advance
>>> Preethi.C
>>>       Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without
>>> download. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/

View raw message