From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@veoh.com>
Subject Re: Multicore nodes
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 18:17:33 GMT

That someone should be me since I have just such a cluster, but I find that
splitting the difference with a value a bit more than desirable on the weak
nodes and a bit less than desirable on the fast nodes works too well to get
me to get going on this.

I blame it on Doug and Co for making the map and reduce tasks take so little

On 10/1/07 9:37 AM, "Doug Cutting" <cutting@apache.org> wrote:

> you should set mapred.tasktracker.tasks.maximum
> according to the number of cores per node.  ... at this
> point, this parameter is global for the cluster, and not independently
> configurable per node.  Someone with a heterogeneous cluster might be
> interested in fixing that someday...

View raw message