From edward yoon <webmas...@udanax.org>
Subject RE: Yahoo Pig - Some updates
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2007 02:13:00 GMT

P.S : On close view, I think hbase storage option can be added to syntax of the load statement
in PIG, but i'm not sure.
If i can do it, i'll make an issue about this.

Edward.
------------------------------
B. Regards,
Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.
Home : http://www.udanax.org

> From: webmaster@udanax.org
> To: hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Yahoo Pig - Some updates
> Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 00:29:50 +0000
>

>> Does any one have comments about integrating/porting or any other form of
>> interaction between Yahoo PIG and HBase?
>
> See these papers,
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/HbaseShell
> http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/HbaseShell/ShellPlans
>
> ------------------------------
> B. Regards,
> Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.
> Home : http://www.udanax.org
>

>> Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 14:27:31 -0300
>> From: rafael.turk@gmail.com
>> To: hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org; juan@cavorite.com
>> Subject: Re: Yahoo Pig - Some updates
>>
>> Does any one have comments about integrating/porting or any other form of
>> interaction between Yahoo PIG and HBase?
>>
>> []s
>>
>> Rafael
>>

>> On 10/25/07, Juan Manuel Caicedo wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I'm getting started with Hadoop and with Yahoo Pig
>>> (http://research.yahoo.com/project/pig).
>>>
>>> I decided to took a look at the code and made some small changes; I
>>> announce them here if anyone is interested:
>>>
>>> * The Grub console now has basic completion functionality using jline.
>>> * It's compiled for a recent Hadoop release. I tried to use 0.14.2
>>> but I got errors executing the MapReduce jobs, so I had to switch to
>>> 0.13.1.
>>> * I removed the support for executing Hadoop from Pig. I think it's
>>> easier to configure a separate Hadoop instance and keep the
>>> configuration files outside the main jar file.
>>>
>>> The code is distributed under the BSD license (the same used by Pig)
>>> and it's published the in my personal repository:
>>>
>>> http://hg.cavorite.com/public/pig
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Juan Manuel Caicedo

> Peek-a-boo FREE Tricks & Treats for You!
> http://www.reallivemoms.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM&loc=us

Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble challenge with star
power.