From "Paul H." <pitt_dynam...@yahoo.com>
Subject Hadoop for incremental index building and search
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2007 16:19:02 GMT
Hello,

According to a hadoop tutorial  (http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchHadoopTutorial) on wiki,

"you don't want to search using DFS, you want to search using local filesystems.
Once the index has been created on the DFS you can use the hadoop
copyToLocal command to move it to the local file system as such".

So
my understanding is that hadoop is only good for batch index building,
and is not proper for incremental index building and search. Is this
true? By "incremental index building and search", I mean a system that
accepts text on the fly, builds index  and makes the index available
for search immediately.

cheers,
Paul