From "Daniel Wong" <allyourc...@gmail.com>
Subject what is streaming data access?
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:09:34 GMT
Hi,

I'm totally new to hadoop, and I was reading the docs on HDFS. It mentions
something called "streaming data access". Does this simply mean that HDFS
has been optimized for throughput rather than latency? I guess the part I'm
having trouble understanding is the "streaming" aspect of it. Except when
the amount of data you're dealing with is small enough to allow you to see
it all at once, data is always coming to you in the form of a "stream".

daniel